Are you a teacher currently grappling with how best to turn your usual classroom into an online one? FutureLearn, the social learning platform with hundreds of online courses from a quarter of the world’s top universities, are currently running a free course, designed to help you. The course, titled “Discover practical ways to teach and support your students online”, is designed to help you overcome the hurdles presented by teaching online and to embrace its possibilities.
The coronavirus pandemic has presented challenges for even the experienced practitioners, but this course will provide you with practical steps towards optimal online teaching and student support. It will also provide the opportunity to reflect on your own approach, adapt it as required, and learn from a global community of educators with whom you will share learnings.
The course is designed for educators, teachers, lecturers, and trainers who have had to rapidly move from face-to-face to online teaching in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The course runs for 3 weeks, requiring 2 weeks of study per week. Whilst the course started on the 23rd March, students can join at any time during the course and have full access to both the course tutors and the global community of fellow educators.
Bottom of Form
By the end of the course, FutureLearn state that you’ll be able to…
- Develop plans to set your students up for success
- Create and share approaches and techniques for maintaining continuity while moving teaching and learning online
- Discuss the benefits and challenges of moving classes from face-to-face to online
- Identify techniques and approaches for engaging your students online
- Adapt your practice to the online context
- Collect, review and evaluate student feedback on your new approaches
- Discuss how to manage the personal impact of teaching online